You will need a drill for this one, or someone to make the holes for you, but other than that it is like playing with building blocks.
When complete, you’re left with a keepsake you can cherish for many Christmases to come.
- Drift wood in diminishing lengths starting with 12” and 1” thick
- Wood stump
- 3/8” wooden dowel
- Electric drill with 3/8” drill bit for wood
- Hot glue gun
- Tack hammer – optional
1. Drill a 3” deep hole into the center of the wood stump
2. Put a drop of hot glue in the hole and push the wooden dowel deep into the hole.
3. Drill a 3/8” hole through each piece of wood in the center.
4. Starting with the longest piece of wood, slide it over the dowel and push gently to the bottom. Use a small tack hammer to force it if needed – be sure to tap near the center.
5. Repeat with each piece of wood towards the top of the dowel, each a little shorter than the last.