There’s nothing wrong with a double-crust pie, but if you’re looking to mix things up, we have a few ideas for you.
From topping your pies with chocolate art, to making them look like giant roses, the possibilities for alternative crusting are endless.
A pumpkin pie is a beautiful thing on its own, but when you create chocolate art with little more than a gum paste mold, it’s a real stunner.
- Chocolate Candy Melts
- 1 cold Pumpkin Pie
- Gum Paste Mold
- Offset Spatula
1. Melt your candy melts in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Using an offset spatula, dollop some melted chocolate on your desired mold shape – we used a butterfly – and scrape it clean for a perfect cast.
3. Refrigerate the chocolate until hardened and then pop it out of the mold and lay it on your pie. Repeat as many times as you like.
We all have leftover Halloween candy lying around, late into the Holiday season. This year, why not put it to good use! We used peanut butter cups, but you can use any melting candy you like.
- 1 Custard Pie, fresh out of the oven
- Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Chocolate Candies
1. Unwrap all your peanut butter cups and arrange them on top of your pie.