Girls night in? Whip up a party punch and make these amazing Toasted S’Mores Bars for them to nibble on. They’re seriously so good—everything you love about s’mores in the summer, in bar form. Apologies when you eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the rest of the weekend, like my staffers did after we tested them. You can have a kale salad on Monday, it’s fine.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Inactive time: 2 hours
3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 2 sleeves of crackers, pulverized in a food processor)
½ cup packed brown sugar
14 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 (12oz) bag milk chocolate chips
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 (10oz) bag of standard marshmallows
1. Coat a 13×9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, and then line with a sheet of parchment paper. Spray again lightly.
2. In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar. Using your fingertips, mix together until combined. Add the melted butter and combine thoroughly using a fork. Press mixture into dish.
3. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a bowl at 30 second intervals in the microwave. Stir in the vegetable oil. Pour over the graham cracker crust, and using a spatula, spread into an even layer.
4. While chocolate is still soft, press the marshmallows into the top. Place in fridge to chill just until chocolate firms up.
5. Preheat broiler to medium, and arrange a rack in the bottom 1/3 of the oven. Broil the s’mores bars lightly, just until golden brown (about 5 minutes). Place back in fridge to allow chocolate to set up completely. Remove from baking dish by lifting out the parchment. Slice into 12 squares and enjoy.
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies are Chewy, Delicious and Gluten-Free, Too!
Boozy Chocolate Coconut Piña Colada Popsicles
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles Will Have Your Valentine Eating Out of the Palm of Your Hand